Senior Network Engineer
Job ID 641842BR
Date posted 05/25/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our professionals offer high level engineering service and ensure the operation of business-critical IT systems of different clients. We are looking for a senior Network engineer who will be part of a team responsible for the remote operation of the network infrastructure of a major client.
The responsibilities of this advertised role are to be fulfilled in CET office time (later on possibly with On Call standby per schedule in addition), work is performed from the office with possibility of home office to a high degree.
Remote management of network environments.
Communicating and cooperating within the team and other teams and management.
Supporting the 2nd level 24/5 teams with wikis and knowledge sharing .
Creating and updating technical documentation of the devices in the technical area .
Resolving incidents and participating in outage handling calls .
Planning change activities and executing them .
Taking part in problem investigations (conducting root cause analysis and rollout of solution) .
Providing evaluation for and taking part in fulfillment of internal and Customer ordered projects including solution design and implementation .
Performing various activities related to the managed devices per the respective ITIL-based processes (Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Configuration Management etc.)
Developing and testing scripts and automation solutions to improve the network delivery .
Taking part in compliance administration of the devices managed in the technical area .
Participating in audits (ISO and PCI DSS etc.).
What we can offer
• Competitive salary and benefits: Private Life & Health Insurance, Voluntary Pension Fund contribution and monthly benefit allowance to SZÉP card.
• Internal rewards and recognition programs.
• Ongoing wellbeing initiatives (including mental health support), team outings and seasonal gifts.
• Commuting and relocation support for local, EU or overseas candidates and their *spouses and children (*provided certain conditions are met).
• Annual profit-sharing bonus subject to company performance.
• Personal and professional development both in-person and online (certified trainings, on-the-job coaching & mentoring, career progression support). we also nurture new talent and 'career changers' through our comprehensive education programs and exclusive accreditations.
• Flexible working opportunities (part-time and home office) for a better work-life balance.
• Annual 1-day paid leave for volunteering.
• An open, diverse, inclusive, and empathetic culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration over competition.
• As the proud owner of the Family Friendly Workplace certification, we provide great benefits for working parents with fair maternity and paternity leave policies such as additional bonding leave for dads and same-sex domestic partners at the birth or adoption of a child, accommodating working parents based on needs, organizing family events and many more.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Multiple years of solid engineering experience with remote management of network environments .
- Strong network knowledge (at least ca. CCNP R&S level for CISCO and similar level for various other vendor products). Fluent English spoken and written .
- Willingness to work independently but also with the team .
- Highly responsible work attitude, attention to details .
- Good problem solving skills for complex troubleshooting tasks .
- Motivation to develop own professional skills continuously
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise & Design & Security & Routing and Switching or higher level certifications.
- Similar certifications of other vendors .
- Scripting skills (e.g. Linux shell, MySQL, PHP, Python) .
- Applied experience with automation (e.g. Ansible or similar).
High School Diploma/GED
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Network Services Specialist
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y029) Kyndryl Hungary Kft.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Associate Director, Systems Programming - ADABAS System Programmer Hungary, Székesfehérvár
- Endpoint protection Expert Hungary, Budapest
- Senior SAP Basis System Engineer Hungary, Budapest
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?