SAP Basis AdministratorApply Job ID 556173BR Date posted 05/11/2022 Location(s) Torino, Italy
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe SAP Basis Administrator operates in 2 major area : SAP administration, both ABAP and JAVA, and Database administration (mostly ORAC
LE, DB2 and HANA).
The SAP Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment
on an ongoing basis as well as involvement in SAP projects concerning the installation, upgrade, and OS/DB migration of SAP systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise1. Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
2. Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
3. Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
4. Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
5. Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload.
6. Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
7. Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
8. Configure monitoring of all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
9. Administer the SAP database with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain
physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
10. Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
11. Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
12. Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
13. Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
Preferred Technical and Professional ExperienceAn expertise on security related threats and vulnerabilities is appreciated.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Configuration Engineering Professional
Up to 20% or 1 day a week
(Y099) Kyndryl Italia Innovation Services S.R.L.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position