Automation Expert / Site Reliability EngineerApply Job ID 514131BR Date posted 05/11/2022 Location(s) Székesfehérvár, Hungary
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Kyndryl has an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration over competition.
We are actively seeking applicants from people of all backgrounds. If you are adaptable and practical, or creative and determined, or sensitive to customer’s needs, apply today!
Our teams also place a huge value on our employee’s needs to have the opportunity to work flexible full or part time hours, or the options to work from home. As a stable and funded start-up, we are able to provide incredible benefits for working parents, with fair maternity and paternity policies for all.
Working closely with local government regulations, we are sensitive to talented applicants requiring a work permit or visa. Please apply today to find out more about this.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKyndryl is committed to growing the digital economy —and your career. We need automation experts to help us build the future of data, digital, cloud, and more.
Kyndryl CIO - Our Network and Infrastructure Organization - is seeking a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) skilled at monitoring and event management. Join us and be part of a diverse, cross-functional team which builds efficient, reliable and resilient monitoring and event management solutions for Kyndryl.
General job role responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining an enterprise automation solution for Kyndryl CIO.
- Manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation;
- Understand customer use cases and define the automation solution;
- Understand different OS, Middleware applications and bring them together to form a meaningful solution;
- Collaborate with project team members and cross-functional product teams;
- Ensure solutions are not only a fit for their specific purpose, but also closely align with the standard guidelines for technology solutions;
- Implement changes to standards when necessary.
- Competitive salary & benefits: fixed (Private Life & Health Insurance, Voluntary Pension Fund contribution) and flexible (SZÉP card, School Support allowance, Travel Pass allowance Budapest/Székesfehérvár);
- Internal rewards and recognition programs;
- Commuting & relocation support;
- Annual growth-driven profit-sharing bonus;
- Personal and professional development (certified trainings, on-the-job coaching & mentoring, career progression support);
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Open, diverse and inclusive work environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or other similar languages
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Knowledge of Waterfall & DevOps methodologies
- Experienced user of ServiceNow, CMDBs, Jira, Office 365, Slack or other collaboration tools.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Site Reliability Engineer
Role (Job Role)
Site Reliability Engineering Professional
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y029) Kyndryl Hungary Kft.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position