Job ID 597091BR
Date posted 10/22/2022
Primary Job Area Enterprise Operations
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesRole purpose:
An Operational role where responsibilities span: build, deployment, support and incident response for SIEM services deployed for our customers global customer base. The engineer will work with key stakeholders providing a security incident response service as well as driving continuous improvement for our customer’s customers supporting right first time build and delivery on time, building, supporting, integrating new and existing SIEM and IDS/IPS technologies as required. The Security Operations Center Analyst will also ensure that the complexities of the customer infrastructure are understood and provide support to further enhance stability and service, making changes to the SIEM infrastructure in line with agreed business processes and ITIL best practice. They are expected to quickly develop a holistic view of each of our customer networks, to investigate security alerts and review vulnerabilities against these networks in a timely manner. In addition, they will be expected to engage with and manage stakeholders whilst driving any appropriate resolution activities. The SOC Analyst will also be expected to feed into and drive service improvement processes and initiatives, provide a level of assurance to stakeholders for Security related alerts/events and the SIEM deployments where required.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Continually review all SIEM solutions to ensure they are implemented in the most appropriate manner and fit for purpose in line with agreed quality SLAs and KPIs and industry best practice.
• Define and embed consistent build and operational processes to support on-going support activities, driving improvements.
• Provide technical support as part of shift based team for Security Incident Response across multiple client environments.
• Planning, assessment and implementation of complex change requests.
• Build, support, tune and react to alerts from SIEM and IDS/IPS technologies
In joining Kyndryl you will work for a company that invests in your future and join a team culture that amplifies learning and development agility. Kyndryl has a flexible working policy offering a number of options from reduced hours, or job share, to home working. These ensure a better balance and improved flexibility both inside and outside of work for you. You can discuss our flexible working options with our managers when you apply. And don’t forget to ask about our Summertime Flexible Fridays!
Plus, we offer a Flexible Reward benefits scheme, where you can personalize your benefit rewards. Our excellent employee benefits range from medical and dental, to employer contribution pension, buying vacation days, cycle to work, childcare vouchers and 1000’s of online or high street discounts.
Kyndryl is also unique amongst other technology services companies in the UK, in that it offers Carbon Literacy training to employees as part of its wider commitment to ESG, helping educate employees and empowering them to take action to reduce their carbon footprint both personally and professionally.
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseCore competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Significant experience of Security Incident Handling & Security Incident Response (minimum of 2 years).
• Significant experience in ruling and tuning Enterprise level SIEM tools.
• Significant Operations experience (minimum of 2 years).
• Professional Industry Recognised Certifications e.g. SANS, CEH, RHCE, CISSP, CISM etc.
• Ability to achieve SC clearance.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Significant experience working with IDS/IPS technologies (e.g. Cisco/TippingPoint/Snort etc).
• Knowledge of Security including types and methods of cyber-attack and underlying network protocols.
• Significant experience escalating incidents to, and in driving incident resolution with, technology vendors and stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in supporting large, complex Networks and Hosting Estates using multiple technologies including:
• Managing SIEM’s (e.g. ArcSight/AlienVault/LogRhythm).
• IDS/IPS technologies (e.g. Cisco FirePOWER/Cisco FMC/Cisco FTD/Symantec HIDS/Carbon Black).
• Network analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, NetworkMiner).
• Firewalls (e.g. Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper/Fortinet)
• Load balancers (e.g. F5’s)
• Proxies (e.g. Bluecoat, zScaler)
• Enterprise level Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server, RedHat Linux).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience• Coding and Scripting experience (Java, Bash, SQL, regex, Python).
• Good understanding of ITIL principles and able to apply them.
• Degree Level qualification(s) in: Computer Science, Computer Security or Computer Forensics (or equivalent/significant industry experience).
High School Diploma/GED
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y072) Kyndryl UK Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer United Kingdom, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, Greenford, United Kingdom, Manchester, United Kingdom, Warwick, United Kingdom, Glasgow
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.