Lead Database Administrator - Oracle Exadata
Job ID 630814BR
Date posted 03/13/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role at Kyndryl you will:
- Manage and resolve all Oracle Exadata related issues within the managed database estate.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Oracle Database technology including Oracle RAC and dataguard.
- Work within a team of database administrators to provide 24-hour support on a large estate of database servers.
- Provide proactive problem prevention and operations management.
- Provide an escalation path to resolution for the support engineers.
- Mentor fellow engineers as required.
- Ensure that all servers are built and supported to Hosting standards.
- Participate in on call rota and out-of-hours and weekend work as required.
- Assist in the implementation and project handover phases for new and existing customers.
- Ensure that support is provided for other Oracle systems as and when required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an enterprise environment.
- 5 years proven recent experience of Exadata Database administration, including dataguard.
- Proven experience with patching and updating of Oracle Database and Exadata components.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Positive thinker who views issues as challenges and not as problems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Proactive and quality-oriented.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Entry-level SAN experience.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 or above.
- EMC Networker.
- BMC Patrol.
- Shell scripting.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Oracle Goldengate.
Due to the nature of this role, you will need to either currently hold an active UK security clearance or be able to undergo and maintain SC clearance.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
System Database Administrator
(Y072) Kyndryl UK Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Lead Database Administrator - Oracle Exadata United Kingdom, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, Greenford, United Kingdom, Manchester, United Kingdom, Warwick, United Kingdom, Glasgow
- Senior System Management Engineer United Kingdom, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, Greenford, United Kingdom, Manchester, United Kingdom, Warwick, United Kingdom, Glasgow
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?