Technical Support professional
Job ID 533154BR
Date posted 09/09/2022
Primary Job Area Product Services
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Installation and maintenance of the TADz subsystems and tools.
- Database administration and reporting.
- Problem Analysis and incident handling.
- Support of solution construction, implementation, and systems integration, delivering high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. Tasks performed require being a z-OS operator and manage the TADz v8.1 tool for 150 plus accounts.
- Provide tasks for level 1 support with technical solutions. Bring new accounts on board TADz. Identify project requirements, developing solution delivery, which may include vendors and subcontractors.
- Enjoys learning new processes and working with the mainframe systems. Willing to accept new challenges in a positive manner. Requires to be the technical lead and expert on the TADz tool. Able to handle complex problems for our customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrates a z-OS with 8 - 10 years experience and associated tools of their technical specialty to support attainment of team and department objectives.
- Requires and applies applicable products/systems technical training, experience, and knowledge in order to assist customers and IBM field technical personnel.
- Absorbs professional knowledge quickly and develops basic skills.
- Good JCL, REXX and CLIST programming skills are essential
- Experience with ISDF, AMS, SDSF, RACF, HSM, JES2 and Storage
- You are passioned about automation and innovations that improve productivity.
- Willingness to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of and experience on the z/OS MVS platform running batch programs and started tasks.
- Cores skills in database management.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- SQL, DB2 Administration, QMF
- Understand how UNIX Systems Services are used in z/OS.
- You will work in an Agile, collaborative environment to deploy, configure, and maintain TADz systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services
- Assists with the improvement of technical procedures and/or business processes within area of TADz to enhance client’s technical operation. Activities are often reviewed by peers and management for developmental purposes. Latitude is typically within defined parameters in designing straightforward tools and generating customer reports. Understands the standard mission of the IT Specialist in own area of specialty and applies this knowledge in performing project related activities including routine installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting. Position may require providing assistance to less experienced or knowledgeable team members. May set work schedules and update technical teams on project status as a team member.
- Will work with level one support as the lead, customers, and also the Software Inventory Tools functional team lead.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Technical Support Representative
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Helpdesk Advisor India, Bengaluru
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.