Systems Administrator - UNIX Operating Systems Solaris
Job ID 551294BR
Date posted 11/28/2022
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe major responsibilities of the Solaris Administration position encompass Service Delivery, Delivery Operations and includes:
- Should have minimum 6 years of core experience in Solaris
- Having hands on experience on Solaris 10/11 patching.
- Experience on firmware upgraded on T5 / T7 Servers.
- Good experience and troubleshooting during hardware part replacement.
- Good understanding and troubleshooting skills on any Clusters.
- Defines, installs, and maintains midrange Solaris servers.
- Provide a technical lead / technical co-ordination role.
- Undertake the lead in proactive resolution of system related problems.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of the business recovery plan and procedures.
- Suggests and/or implements solutions to resolve problems and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseApplicants must have substantial enterprise experience in the following:
- Solaris 9/10/11 (Mandatory)
- VCS Cluster (Mandatory)
Additional knowledge and experience in one of the following Unix / Linux flavours would be highly considered:
- SUN Solaris 8,9,10,11 (inc zones)
- OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux) and OVM.
- AIX 6.1 / 7.1
- SUSE Linux
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Strong Solaris fundamentals
Good understanding of software upgrade/migration process
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Network Architect India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Infrastructure Specialist - Hybrid Cloud Projects (UNIX/SOLARIS)) India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Service Desk Advisor India, Bengaluru
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.