Splunk Data Engineer
Job ID 578924BR
Date posted 03/05/2023
Primary Job Area Marketing
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Support NMP Splunk platform operations including ITSI, Search Heads Indexer and Heavy Forwarder clusters
• Provide level 2 technical support. Assist with level 3 incident and problem investigations, service risks and issues for Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk ITSI.
• Performance optimisation – Optimise existing and new search queries and dashboards to improve performance.
• Design and implement monitoring solutions for new and existing systems, utilising Splunk patterns. Also, contribute to the creation of new monitoring patterns where required.
• Data onboarding: Requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing, to onboard new data sources to Splunk – via Universal Forwarders, HTTP Event Collector, APIs, syslog etc.
• Map data to Splunk CIM, to meet stakeholder and data governance requirements.
• Deploy and configure Splunk premium add-ons (Enterprise Security and ITSI).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise• Strong knowledge of Splunk architecture, administration, and custom development (Splunk certified admin / architect / developer or equivalent experience) across Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk ITSI.
• Experience administering and/or developing for an enterprise level implementation of Splunk (clustered architecture).
• Proficient in Splunk query language (SPL) and experienced in developing and supporting custom Splunk search head applications for specific use cases.
• Strong technical knowledge of Red hat Linux, Firewalls and Load Balancing principles
• Extensive knowledge and experience of Agile and DevOps.
• AWS – architect and sysops certified or equivalent. Azure and/or GCP experience is also preferred.
• Ansible, CD tools, particularly Jenkins.
• Scripting - Linux Shell & Python.
• Linux OS (preferable Red hat proficiency).
• Experienced user of Git / GitHub, Splunk Phantom, Syslog-ng and/or syslogs and Confluence.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Hands on experience on Science Logic and Netcool preferred .
• Self-motivated to identify and correct operational issues
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Senior Lead, Brand and Content Marketing India, Bengaluru
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?