Mainframe- Performance and capacity Management specialist
Job ID 612713BR
Date posted 11/23/2022
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As Mainframe PCM Specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support for mainframe technology solutions with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance.
- If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, Kyndryl provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day and if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with performance tuning of systems, practicing capacity planning activity during system up-gradation and pro-actively managing capacity planning on regular basis.
- Clear understanding about SMF and analysing and drawing insights from SMF data Processing.
- Experience with Workload Load Manager (WLM), Parallel Simplex configurations, multiple LPAR environments, and experience in capacity/performance reporting and modelling.
- Must have system performance understanding of mainframe components covering the areas of ZOS, JES, CICS, DB2 and IMS.
- Thorough knowledge in Performance analysis & tuning for ZOS operating environment / DASD / Tape storage systems.
- Ability to perform diagnostics and perform RCA [ Root cause analysis].
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication and technical skills.
- Provide a 7/24 service on-call to clients.
- Capacity Planning for Processor, ASD, and on physical processors (CECs) for various customers.
- Knowledge about forecasting for processors, coupling facilities, DASD, Virtual Tape, and Tape in a complex.
- Provide technical guidance to internal contacts in the design of infrastructure solutions that meet business needs and perform to engineered specifications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT technology domain.
- Proficient in SMF and analysing and drawing insights from SMF data Processing.
- Working knowledge about forecasting for processors, coupling facilities, DASD, Virtual Tape, and Tape in a complex.
- Validated knowledge in the following technologies: z/OS, Unix System Services, SMP/E, REXX, Java, VSAM, Third party products.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Network Architect India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Infrastructure Specialist - Hybrid Cloud Projects (UNIX/SOLARIS)) India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Systems Administrator - UNIX Operating Systems Solaris India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.