L3 Network Engineer
Job ID 622056BR
Date posted 01/25/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and defect analysis of LAN/WAN/ISDN/MPLS/firewall/VPN issues. Document network problems and resolution for future reference into the Wiki/KB platform of NPCI.
- Proactively monitor and ensure network availability, performance, and network security.
- Log, track and take ownership of network/connectivity issues and resolve issues to ensure uptime and meet the agreed SLA.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring tools and network analysers (ex. Tcpdump, tshark, Wireshark etc.).
- Co-ordinate with vendor TAC to identify the root cause and also assist the NPCI Team to implement the proposed fixes.
- Monitor and ensure network device connectivity across DC and MPLS Networks as per the pre-defined SLA.
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, NAT, IP addressing and TCP/IP Network.
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating TCP/IP-based network.
Advanced knowledge in security devices –IPS, IDS & UTM.
- Expert in protocols –BGP is a must, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP.
- Hands on experience in any one of the Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet Firewalls & Radware Devices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands on experience in ACI, SDN, APCI Controllers and Spine & leaf architecture.
- Experience on STP, VLAN, SVI, LACP, VXLAN.
- Experience in handling GRE, P-VPN, P-NAT, P-Routing, and Clustering in firewalls.
- Knowledge in protocols TCP, UDP & IPV6.
- Knowledge in IOS upgrade.
- Knowledge/Experience in Radius, TACACS & TACAS+.
- Knowledge in NMS, SYSLOG & SNMP communication.
- Hands on experience with Juniper/Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Cables, Racks,
Cisco ASA/Juniper/Checkpoint/FortiGate /Firewalls.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Network Services Specialist
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Solaris System Administrator India, Noida
- Network Services Specialist - Managed Network Security Services India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Systems Programmer: DB2 z/OS Support India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.