Infrastructure Architect - Splunk
Job ID 590715BR
Date posted 03/14/2023
Primary Job Area Architect
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The Sr. Architect/ Architect supports the best practices in engineering activities aligned to specific applications and/or systems within Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT).
- The person in this role creates the blueprints for data management systems to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain the data sources. Develops, constructs, test and maintains architectures.
- The data engineering Architect has a background in software engineering and loves to play around with databases and large –scale processing systems.
- Thanks to these interests, he/she can easily master technologies and is therefore familiar with a diverse set of languages that span both statistical programming languages and languages oriented more towards web development.
- The role supports the design and development of IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions aligned to the overall enterprise architecture and direction from IT as well as EY’s compliance standards for technology development and deployment.
- The role supports the technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications based on business strategic directives or general and identified changes required for operational readiness in applications, systems, networks and servers.
- The role participates in business reviews, develops specifications to meet engineering requirements aligned to new products or services being introduced as well as for changes to current applications and other core components of the IT infrastructure.
- The role is expected to plan, research, evaluate, design and develop appropriate technology solutions/applications by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to maintain business as usual (BAU) functionality as well as identify, establish and coach others in best practices in solution engineering.
- The role supports the integration of these new products and services proposed by participating in the appropriate planning of all phases of development including feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, build and testing for compatibility in order to achieve an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- The role is an individual contributor, though they are often asked to manage project aligned teams in their collaborative efforts and to coach less seasoned members of the team in directives.
- The role is managed by the Service Owner / Service Manager of the Enterprise Log Management and Analytics (ELMA) service.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding, dynamic business and information technology environment.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent knowledge as Splunk Administrator.
- Excellent knowledge as Syslog Administrator.
- Excellent knowledge as Splunk App Developer.
- Proficient Python skills. Advanced scripting and programming skills.
- In-depth knowledge and skills to use and apply descriptive and inferential statistics including probability, hypothesis testing, estimation, associations, correlation, regression analysis, and forecasting.
- Analytic and business intelligence skills to identify meaningful patterns, analyse them, and then integrate and communicate them via data visualization and reporting techniques.
- Strong data visualization, reporting, and communications skills and abilities.
Significant Data Analytic skill (Business Analytic skills).
- Agile Dev/Ops skills.
- Strong knowledge in MS Azure.
- Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage across multiple levels of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and stays calm under pressure or escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
- Projects solid consultative skill to conduct effective questioning, home in on key directives to formulate ideas and materials as well as present those ideas clearly and concisely across the organization.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of services and applications with the assigned EY processes and operating environment to recognize and position improvement opportunities and next generation solutions achievable through engineering.
- Manifests analytical and problem-solving ability to escalate and negotiate conflicting engineering issues, handle multiple and shifting engineering priorities across a broad spectrum of operating environments and provide solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
- Develops an in depth and continuous understanding of EY’s business and the way IT’s Engineering teams adds to the effectiveness of the EY business.
- Identifies and positions appropriate services and solutions as part of both knowledge sharing and engineering services remit.
- Manage engineering projects by delegating work effectively utilizing the proper people, time and project management disciplines across a diverse culture and multiple time zones.
- Works to resolve team conflicts through an ability to implement and communicate difficult decisions as well as provide individual, team and peer mentoring as appropriate.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Lead II, Enterprise Architecture India, Noida, India, Hyderabad, India, Bengaluru
- Associate Director, Infrastructure/Cloud Architecture India, Noida
- Senior Lead,Infrastructure/Cloud Architecture-Senior VMWare Architect India, Noida
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?