Network Security Engineer
Job ID 631542BR
Date posted 03/14/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Technical Specialists at Kyndryl enjoy an empowering culture, a wide spectrum of opportunities, and a chance to move up in the career path that fits them best. Here you’ll work with and support the biggest companies across all industries and learn new, cutting-edge tech in real time, all the time and get paid to upskill. You can reinvent yourself and your career with multiple paths at one company — and still find great work/life balance. You’ll also get the chance to network and promote yourself to leaders and specialists in your field
JOB DESCRIPTION: The following list of activities identify the typical, primary tasks performed by the security engineer:
- Site discovery and documentation of existing network infrastructure
- Provide break and fix support for the network environment
- Follow established change management process
- Maintain inventory of the network equipment
- Maintain an audit ready environment;
- Provide 24x7 support for On Call coverage following rotation schedule as needed
These responsibilities include:
• Design, support and maintain Cisco and Palo Alto Firewall connectivity
• Design, support and maintain F5 and Netscaler Load Balancer connectivity
• Design, build, support and maintain all forms of VPN connectivity
• Design, build, support and maintain IT security policies
• Providing 3rd level technical support for complex problems in an operational environment
• Recommending alternative solutions, priorities, systems hardware/software, design changes and improvements
• Performing off-hours work to support customer changes
• Managing problems to resolution using defined process flow
• Implementing changes using defined change management protocol
• Performing additional responsibilities as assigned
• Configure network devices
• Device activation and implementation
• Network Performance Investigation
• Perform WAN and LAN troubleshooting
• Firewall and VPN troubleshooting
• Maintain CMDB Inventory in Service-Now
Required Technical and Professional Expertise5-10 years extensive experience / knowledge of Routing &Switching, Optimization and in load balancing worked in complex environment including various products, aware of SBM and enterprise scenarios.
• F5 Load Balancer,
• Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls
Strong teamwork skills balanced with ability to work alone. Positive attitude. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information. Ability to manage time and workload.• Ability to communicate in English clearly and effectively.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, project management and organizational skills.
• High integrity and strong business ethics.
• Team player with a great passion to succeed.
• Knowledge and proficiency in PC applications including Microsoft Office.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Cisco CCNA -CCNP/CCIE wireless/routing and switching a plus.
• Cisco routers, Switches.
• Wireless networks
• Experience with DMVPN and MPLS networks
• Experience with routing protocols specially EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
High School Diploma/GED
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Network Support Specialist
(Y014) Kyndryl Costa Rica, Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?