Job ID 642933BR
Date posted 05/25/2023
Primary Job Area Architect
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Architect designs technology architecture to align with enterprise standards, processes, procedures, and targets. They make technology choices, supervises the quality and implementation of designs, developing high performance architects within the organisation.
At Kyndryl, Enterprise Architects are also concerned with business and data architecture, leading the transformation of a business and ensuring critical deliverables, such as business capability models, business capabilities, and value stream maps, are developed and implemented.
- Perform assessment of client enterprise architecture practices and current client operating environment
- Engage in defining and shaping a customer’s architecture standards and guiding principles
- Develop suitable enterprise architecture strategies and roadmaps based on customer requirement analysis, guiding principles and business drivers.
- Build solutions using contemporary infrastructure design, application development techniques, methodologies, financial principles, and analytical techniques.
- Envision, design, and direct the technical implementation of business initiatives.
- Develop and maintain business, information / data, application and technical architectures and designs with consideration of enterprise architecture requirements, guiding principles and business drivers.
- Developing business, data and technology roadmaps and advising on strategic technology platform options
- Identify and diagnose capability gaps and recommend initiatives to uplift and/or close gaps.
- Use the industry standard frameworks like TOGAF, TMForum and ITIL to build and maintain architectural and process models.
- Design, implement, and managing architecture governance including but not limited to architecture review boards, framework customisation, and defining architecture principles and guardrails.
- Connect the dots between different technology domains and business, and advise and collaborate with client architects to become a trusted partner.
- Provide best practice guidance for all cloud models including private, public and hybrid cloud from IaaS to SaaS for large and smaller scale environments using public and private cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare, OpenStack
- Develop architectures supporting modern cloud native approaches such as event-driven architecture, infrastructure as code, zero-trust security, and integrated resilience.
Architects at Kyndryl enjoy an innovative culture, an expectation of creativity, and unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. Here, you can break free of entrenched corporate culture to help shape a fresh perspective and move beyond legacy infrastructure to create something new and different. Enjoy working as part of a team, not part of a bureaucracy and invent solutions that don’t exist yet for global clients across industries. You’ll be able to explore and leverage career-building opportunities across industries and markets with the cloud skills you have — and seize the opportunity to keep adding more.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional experience: 8+ years of IT work experience across delivery, consulting, and architecture, with 5+ years Enterprise Architecture experience
- Strong knowledge in large scale Enterprise Architecture across end-to-end process including business, applications, data and infrastructure components, implementation delivery, service management and support lifecycle.
- Proven capability for defining technology architectures within large and complex environments, working with industry-leading experts in their respective fields, delivering a strategic outcome.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing architecture governance including but not limited to architecture review boards, framework customisation, and defining architecture principles and guardrails.
- Experience with business and data transformation
- Proven experience in a range of business and technology lead roles, including IT strategy development, enterprise and solution architecture, digital transformation, IT business case development and shaping and architecting large scale business and Technology transformation.
- You will bring unique perspectives in areas such as advanced technologies, cloud computing, digital disruption, agile and technology innovation.
- Experience applying TOGAF (or other enterprise architecture methodologies) or ITIL methodologies
- Experience in documenting complex systems, clearing articulating current state, future state, and transition steps.
- Ability to synthesise and simplify complex business requirements into simple and elegant solutions.
- Ability to convey complex technical ideas to the understanding of a non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to coach and develop others.
- Strong awareness of DevOps practices and Agile delivery requirements
- One or more of the following Public Cloud Provider certifications: Azure Expert Certified /AWS Professional Certified / Google Cloud Professional Certified
- Experience in development and consumption of reusable assets
- Ability to listen with empathy
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Certification in TOGAF (or other enterprise architecture methodologies) or ITIL methodologies
- Experience using Enterprise Architecture Tools like Hope, iServer, Sparx, LeanIX
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Senior Lead, Data Architecture Canada, Markham
- Senior Lead, Data Architecture Canada, Markham
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?