Mainframe Storage Management
Job ID 642249BR
Date posted 05/25/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Mainframe Storage Specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters. If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, Kyndryl provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Storage box data migration (DASD to DASD and Tape to tape) and Storage replication.
- Analyse and research options for collaborates with exiting external systems.
- Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
- Develop, document, and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- Initialize / add new DASD volumes and add new tape volumes. Perform the space management activities such as VTOC resizing, Defrag, Compress/Reclaim/Release/Cleaning of datasets.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidate should have minimum 8+years of experience.
- Manage and Define SMS rules and ACS routines along with reorganization of storage dataset (RMM/HSM CDS & CatLog file).
- Disaster recovery planning and performing the recovery test (Tape recovery / DASD Replication / Tape Replication) and Managing the Copy services / GDPS.
- Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Systems Administrator - Mainframe Storage Management.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Associate, Systems Administration India, Chennai
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?