Sr. Application Database Administrator Mainframe
Job ID 607807BR
Date posted 01/11/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Sr. Application DBA is responsible for understanding the financial applications and providing support to architect and development on database structure, and data modelling while ensuring queries used by the application deploy to production are error-free and efficient in performance:
• Understanding current SDLC methodology and technologies used for host and web application
• Deep expertise in DB2 zOS support and manage all environments
• Able to transform logical data model to physical data model for the best performance
• Administer database functions (backup, recovery, DR, data placement, space management, maintenance, reorganization, etc)
• Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning optimization
• Working experience in the design and implementation of the performance, integrity and security of databases
• Troubleshooting complex database problems including slow-running queries
• Work with application developers/BAs/Testers to assist in analyzing data structure, and triaging data/schema-related issues
• Create application databases and schemas, deploy database configuration
• Develop database scripts, packages, and tools, as required to support application development and testing
• Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs
• Automate various DBA tasks
• Set up monitoring and other activities on Omegamon for DB2 zOS
• Perform periodic health checks and reports
This role is currently remote work from home.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise• 10+ years experience in an application support role for financial/banking applications on zOS platform
• 5+ years of Experience with RACF or ACF2
• 5+ years of JCL skills
• 5+ years of experience with peripheral tools and technologies (IBM DB2 tools, TWS, QMF, SPUFI, ISPF, REXX etc)
• Must have experience with DB2 Data Sharing
• Experience with mainframe programming languages
• Experience with MQ and/or DB2-connect
• Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and optimization
• Strong knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
• Knowledge of z/OS, TSO, JCL, DB2, IMS, OEM tools from IBM, BMC and other vendors
• General understanding of IBM z/OS Started Tasks, formal subsystems and z/OS services
• Extensive experience working with application schemas, data structure and data
• Extensive experience working in the area of database release management, version control, packaging and promotion of database scripts/artifacts consistently across various environments
• Advanced ability to lead and collaborate with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams (internal and/or external)
• Creative approach to problem-solving and an ability to work independently in an environment with high levels of ambiguity
• Experience in a 24×7 support environment
• Supporting and enhancing High Availability Architecture and disaster recovery operations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• DB2 Certified DBA certification
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and learn independently
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodology
• Development experience on teams following DevOps and continuous integration best practices Excellent verbal, and written communication and analytical skills
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
System Database Administrator
(Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Level 1 Service Desk Agent Canada, Florenceville-Bristol
- Level 1 Service Desk Agent Canada, Florenceville-Bristol
- Senior DevOps Engineer Canada, Calgary, Canada, Ottawa, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Montreal, Canada, Markham, Canada, Edmonton, Canada, Québec, Canada, Vancouver, Canada, Winnipeg, Canada, Halifax, Canada, Regina, Canada, Florenceville-Bristol
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.