Automation Test LeadApply Job ID 565415BR Date posted 06/11/2022 Location(s) Calgary, Canada; Ottawa, Canada; Toronto, Canada; Montreal, Canada; Markham, Canada; Edmonton, Canada; Québec, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; Winnipeg, Canada; Halifax, Canada; Regina, Canada; Florenceville-Bristol, Canada
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Automation Test Lead is responsible for leading the overall automation activities on large project and programs across multiple teams and platforms:
- Lead the overall automation effort by creating and outlining the Automation Test Strategy, Test Planning, Scripting, and Test Automation governance.
- Collaborate with SME/ Leads of various Application Development, Architecture, and Infrastructure Services teams throughout the development/testing lifecycle to support implementations of strategic test automation initiatives.
- Design Automation & API test frameworks for various repeatable functional and non-functional tests
- Manage the creation, debugging and maintainability of the automation test scripts including the Test Data creation
- Run automation test scripts for functional and non-functional test cases with ability to code and debug the scripts
- Direct and mentor automation team members in the creation and use of the automation framework and scripts.
- Lead the identification, selection, and adoption of test tools, technologies, and practices that support the overall test automation framework and process.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in software testing and quality assurance roles with a focus on designing and deploying automation frameworks for functional, regression and non-functional testing of client-server applications, web services, APIs solutions and applications on mainframe/legacy systems using a broad range of tools and programing languages .
- Expertise in building Automation frameworks of mainframes systems and Web-based systems (Selenium, UFT, Lambada test)
- Experience with Web Services testing using tools like SOAP UI, Postman or Ready API etc.
- Experience setting up Continuous build integration of automated testing into a CI/CD framework (Bitbucket/Jenkins).
- Experience in automation using programming languages such as (C#, Java, Phyton etc).
- Experience with resource coordination, work assignments allocation, effort estimation and tracking progress across automation team
- Experience with functional and non-functional system integration test levels, regression testing, black box and white box testing techniques, GUI testing, back-end [API] testing, browser compatibility testing.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile SDLS delivery methods and processes
- Create and oversee implementation of end-to-end non-functional testing strategies for complex solutions, across multiple platforms and groups
- Designs, develops, executes, and maintains test plans of infrastructure, common services/middleware, and data for applications in various environments/ platforms
- Create, debug, and run automation test scripts for functional, performance, load-balancing, scalability, fail-over and recoverability test types and prepare appropriate test data scripts
- Document, troubleshoot problems and independently start investigation into root cause of errors and response times
- Experience with API validation, DB elements, writing SQL queries for end-to-end transaction flow validation
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Experience with mentoring test team members in areas such as performance and automation test scripts coding and debugging.
- Testing Tools: Selenium, JMeter, LoadRunner, SOAPUI, Postman, Jenkins, Micro Focus UFT One, Lambada Test, Ranorex Studio, Tricentis Tosca, Others
- Able to use web methods like GET, PUT, POST etc
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps, Bamboo
- Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Iterative
- Database: DB2, Microsoft SQL, Mongo DB, mySQL
- Platforms: Windows, UNIX (AIX), Linux, ESX, zOS
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience with test automation tools selection and techniques to improve test efficiency
- Excellent verbal, and written communication and analytical skills
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position