Senior SAP Basis System Engineer
Job ID 640607BR
Date posted 05/25/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Act as a hands-on system owner and fulfill SAP Basis administration duties.
• Participate and act as lead SME in projects like SAP implementation, system upgrade, unicode conversion, cloud migration, etc…
• Improve, streamline, and automate SAP Basis processes and activities related to cloud deployment, SAP Basis operation, security testing, monitoring, and automatic event-handling.
• Perform setup/configuration, object transports, troubleshooting, error handling, performance turning, and problem resolution.
• Maintain the safety and security of the SAP system by planning, implementing, and overseeing security controls. • Support audit and compliance activities.
What we can offer
• Competitive salary and benefits: Private Life & Health Insurance, Voluntary Pension Fund contribution and monthly benefit allowance to SZÉP card.
• Internal rewards and recognition programs.
• Ongoing wellbeing initiatives (including mental health support), team outings and seasonal gifts.
• Commuting and relocation support for local, EU or overseas candidates and their *spouses and children (*provided certain conditions are met).
• Annual profit-sharing bonus subject to company performance.
• Personal and professional development both in-person and online (certified trainings, on-the-job coaching & mentoring, career progression support). we also nurture new talent and 'career changers' through our comprehensive education programs and exclusive accreditations.
• Flexible working opportunities (part-time and home office) for a better work-life balance.
• Annual 1-day paid leave for volunteering.
• An open, diverse, inclusive, and empathetic culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration over competition.
• As the proud owner of the Family Friendly Workplace certification, we provide great benefits for working parents with fair maternity and paternity leave policies such as additional bonding leave for dads and same-sex domestic partners at the birth or adoption of a child, accommodating working parents based on needs, organizing family events and many more.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise• Friendly attitude and good team player.
• Excellent analytical skills and conceptional thinking.
• Good communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Hungarian languages (spoken and written).
• Minimum 5+ years of SAP Basis administration experience.
• Experience in SAP upgrades and migrations.
• SAP HANA database administration knowledge.
• Linux operating system knowledge (RHEL, SUSE).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• SAP certifications (Administration, Migration, Process integration, HANA DB administration, Installation, Security).
• Basic / moderate scripting / programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Python, Perl, C/ C++, Java, Perl, HTML.
• Experience with Ansible Automation Platform, API integrations and Webhook implementation.
• Experience in cloud architecture and operation in delivery models like IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
• Experience with collaboration tools like Slack, Webex Teams, Microsoft Teams, Mural.
• MsC in relevant IT, Engineering or Informatics field.
• Familiarity with ITSM processes (ITIL), Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• German language knowledge.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Systems Management Specialist
(Y029) Kyndryl Hungary Kft.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Senior Network Engineer Hungary, Vác, Hungary, Székesfehérvár, Hungary, Budapest
- Endpoint protection Expert Hungary, Budapest
- Senior Network-Security (firewall) Engineer Hungary, Budapest
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?