Business Intelligence Data Engineer: Power BI
Job ID 576115BR
Date posted 09/09/2022
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for professional that loves to work with data and reporting capabilities. In this role you will lead the adoption of new ways of generating reports and perform analytics for our internal customers. In this role you will:
- Help to define the adoption strategy for the Microsoft Power Platform tools.
- Participate in the transformation and migration of existing reporting solution using tools such as Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, SharePoint and more.
- Act as a technical lead for a group of developers by providing Power BI SME advise and consulting.
- Hands on development activities for the reports being migrated/transformed including the creation of metrics, KPI, dashboards, workspaces and more.
- Develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse and DataMart standards.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models from scratch.
- Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence purposes.
- Creation and maintenance of BI databases including star and snowflake schemas.
- Responsible for design reporting methodology and project documentation.
- Collaborate with data architects and application architects in the definition of master infrastructure including elements such as storage, access management, CI/CD, deployment, source control, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Mandate to have experience with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau or Cognos.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in data-specific/business intelligence roles.
- 3-5 years developing dashboards and modeling data in Power BI or similar technologies
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft BI Stack and Microsoft tools in general.
- Grip over data analytics and data modeling.
- Should possess software development skills including solid understanding of the SDLC.
- Expert in using advanced-level calculations on the data set.
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visualizations.
- Very good communication skills must be able to discuss the requirements effectively with the client teams and with internal teams.
- Proficiency coding in DAX, Python, VBA, or any other programming language that can used with Power BI transformation and calculations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Agile Development
- Excellent communications skills (English)
- Azure Cloud knowledge
- Azure Data Factory and other Microsoft ETL tools
- Experienced in cloud adaption/migration
Preferred Education: Microsoft Certified: Power BI Data Analyst Associate
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y057) Kyndryl Romania S.R.L.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.