Infrastructure Architect AWSApply Job ID 421561BR Date posted 05/11/2022 Location(s) Brussels, Belgium
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen. Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl. For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWhy Kyndryl
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the centre, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced its intention to separate the IT Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl.
On November 4, 2021 Kyndryl became an independent company launched on the New York Stock Exchange. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be an Architect within the Advisory & Implementation Services, with a focus on AWS and delivery. You will be helping various customers from designing small innovation accelerators to large scale delivery projects, to help them on their cloud journeys.
As part of this journey, you will be helping to design innovative solutions for transforming and modernising workloads, following the 5 pillars of the AWS Well Architected Framework, tailored to the specific needs of our customers. Building on your extensive enterprise delivery experience with AWS and real-life hands-on experience, you will also be helping to shape the future of our AWS delivery function with new formation patterns and artifacts.
You will be expected to lead the technical implementation of large and complex AWS transformations, modernisation projects, API integration projects, AI/ML accelerator projects, DevOps Pipeline projects following CI/CD principals, while working in small to large projects teams, generally following agile methodologies while being able to work with more traditional approaches, especially on larger-scale work.
You will also be a key member of the AWS engineering community, helping to contribute to AWS technical designs and will be considered as one of the technical experts in our interactions with AWS, helping to shape the future of Kyndryl / AWS by coaching and mentoring AWS architects. Additionally, you will also be expected to work with the AWS partner network and join / set up gamedays, hackathons and bootcamps for key accounts.
• Create AWS technical Low-Level Designs LLD, or input into NFR processes to generate automated documentation for customer approval
• Attend customer meetings with technical teams for sign-off
• Carry out AWS technical implementations of landing zones / control towers etc
• Carry out AWS technical deployments using formation templates / Cloud formations or Terraform
• Help to identify delivery resources skill sets, interview internal candidates
• Work with account teams on delivery projects to help identify resources and review projected project delivery run costs
• Coach and mentor more junior members of the AWS delivery team
• Work towards annual career goals agreed by your line manager
• Communicate with our customers technical teams and with internal account technical and non-technical stakeholder
• Technical leadership of complex projects or programmes
• Technical consulting with clients up to C-suite level
• Technical team and / or community leadership
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseHands-on AWS experience in solution design and AWS delivery
• Experience in delivering complex IT projects using agile methodologies
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification
• Experience having worked within Cloud GSI’s – members of the APN
• Good understanding of the 6R’s and various AWS methods used for transformation and the tooling and underlaying services (like EKS etc) needed by application teams for modernisation projects
• Good knowledge in IaC for Teraform / AWS Cloud Formations
• Good knowledge of core AWS services in IaaS & PaaS (EC2,EKS,RDS etc)
• Extensive experience using agile delivery methods eg Scrum
• Strong understanding & delivery experience of AWS cloud native architectures
• Good knowledge of the 5 pillars of AWS – Well Architected framework
• Industry experience in at least two of these sectors: UK Public, Financial, Utilities, Communications, manufacturing and retail
• Good communication skills, able to articulate complex technologies to project managers and customer technical enterprise teams
Preferred Technical and Professional ExperienceGood understanding of scaled agile delivery methods eg SAFe or LeSS
• Good understanding of DevSecOp pipelines for CI/CD
• Good knowledge in API integration with (AWS gateway / Mulesoft or other)
• Good knowledge of container & functions for running Micro Services platforms on AWS
• Good knowledge of Datalakes / RDS and noSql services
• Good knowledge of SAP ECC6 and S4/Hana on AWS
• Good knowledge of Amazon Connect
• Good knowledge of Amazon ML/AI SageMaker, Kubeflow and AI Polly, lex etc
• Good knowledge of regulatory areas: i.e PCI – DSS1/2, Financial Services Micro and Macro Regulatory requirements, ONR for utilities, OfCom, CESG IL1-4, etc
• Good knowledge of security for cloud and AWS’s security services (GuardDuty etc)
• Good knowledge of Cloud storage solutions and concepts – Dedup, archiving etc
• Good knowledge of Network standards and designs, TCPIP all OSI layers
• AWS Professional certification preferred
• AWS Speciality certifications preferred
• A member of the AWS SME Program
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work fibly. If you are interested in a fible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Up to 20% or 1 day a week
(Y005) Kyndryl Belgium BV/SRL
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position