Lead II, Infrastructure Specialist-VMware Horizon View /VDI
Job ID 628993BR
Date posted 05/22/2023
Primary Job Area Technical Specialist
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Manages the operation of IT hardware, software, communications, and/or application solutions, and the resources required to plan for, develop, deliver, and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet the needs of a business.
- Prepares for and supports new or changed services, the change process, regulatory, legal, and professional standards, performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, and bought-in services including, for example, public network, virtual private network, and outsourced services.
- Provides service-level reporting, risk, and contingency planning.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
VMware View virtual Desktop and vApp
- Hands on experience in VMware VDI Administration with both View VDI, RDSH, App Volume, JMP and Workspace ONE access/connecters with multiple sites.
- Install, configure, and maintain a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware Horizon View 7.x on vSphere.
- Updating and Maintaining Golden Images/Templates and installing/upgrading client applications.
- Develop plans for deploying and administering virtual machines, images and vApps.
- Troubleshoot and resolve VDI related issues by providing tier 2/3 incident ticket support.
- Installation/Configuration VMware View (7.X Version ) and its components.
- Creating and managing linked and instant clones desktop pools.
- Installing and Publishing Applications via App Volume manager and RDSH servers.
- Knowledge and work Experience on UEM, UAG, JMP and Workspace ONE and good exposure with vROps.
- Day to day handling of VDI Issues/VDI User Issues.
- VMware View POD and Servers Reports / Maintenance.
- Troubleshooting VDI availability Issues, VDI Knowledge and hands on.
- UEM Profile Management/VDI Policies configuration and management.
- Experience using vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) and troubleshooting infra.
- Good understanding of OS standards of Windows Server (2k12, 2k19).
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues as per agreed SLA.
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation.
- Should have a good knowledge and exposure working on IBM Hardware like IBM / Lenovo Chasis / Blades and IBM Cloud/SoftLayer.
- Installation, Administration, Troubleshooting and Management of vCenter, PSC and vSphere ESX/ESXi (Supported versions 6.5/6.7).
- Perform daily administration, maintenance and upgrades including patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- ESX and ESXi configuration.
- Virtual Switch Configurations.
- vSphere CLI.
- Storage (vSAN) configuration and management.
- Manage Storage Capacity.
- DRS Cluster and Management.
- Optimize Virtual Machine resources.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Windows Server Management
- Manage and Monitor - Windows Server 2012, 2019.
- Implement, Manage, Monitor, and Troubleshoot.
- Active Directory.
- Characteristics of required AD domain accounts.
- Characteristics of required AD group accounts.
- Group Policy Object Management.
- Organizational Units.
- Roaming Profiles.
- Network Load Balancing.
- DHCP & DNS.
- Scope Configurations and Options.
- Lease Expiration.
- Implement, Manage, and Monitor using vRealize Operations Manager (vROps).
- Monitor a vSphere Implementation and Manage vCenter Server Alarms.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Lead, Infrastructure Specialist India, Bengaluru
- Senior Associate II, Systems Management India, Bengaluru
- Software Developer - VRO, VRA India, Bengaluru, India, Hyderabad, India, Noida
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?