Associate Director, General Lawyer
Job ID 640291BR
Date posted 05/25/2023
Primary Job Area Legal
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Kyndryl is currently looking for an experienced lawyer to join its Legal team in India.
- Reporting to the Country General Counsel in India, the successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, with a focus on Kyndryl’s business operations in India, as well as the APAC MEA region.
- The role will involve acting as the Company Secretary for Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited (India) and independently manage associated responsibilities such as conducting board meetings, handling secretarial compliances and other related activities.
- Additionally, the role entails serving as a focal for HR/employment law matters primarily in India advising on matters relating to compensation, statutory benefits, employment contracts, HR policies and processes in India and on generic employment matters for ANZ, Singapore and Dubai.
- Managing Corporate Secretarial responsibilities, such as, conducting board meetings, statutory committee meetings, drafting agenda and supporting documents, minutes of meetings and board resolutions, assisting with corporate filings, advising on CSR and audit-related matters and use of IT compliance tools to monitor related compliance.
- Acting as a subject matter expert (SME) on labour and employment law matters in India with domain expertise in labour, compensation, employee welfare and benefits-related laws.
- Proficient in providing analysis and opinions on all employee concerns/related matters and carrying out appropriate risk assessment.
- Managing issues relating to compensation, statutory benefits, conditions of employment and related issues.
- Working knowledge of international employment/legal matters would be useful although not a must-have.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidate should have Minimum 8+ years of experience.
- Post qualification experience in practice as an attorney or advocate, including relevant in-house experience.
- Admitted to practise as an advocate in India Strongly prefer regional and cross-border experience.
- Experience with IT managed, consulting services and corporate laws would be a plus.
- Experience of working in a regional team across the Asia-Pacific and/or Middle East region is a key, as the candidate will be required to collate an across-the-region view on employment matters and represent the region on legal briefings and updates.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience working with IT and services companies is preferable.
- Experience working in law firms, with a focus on compliance, transactions, corporate laws and litigation.
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
Not seeing what you’re looking for?