Senior Cloud Java Developer
Job ID 585631BR
Date posted 09/09/2022
Primary Job Area Architect
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Can you break that knowledge down for our clients to show them their opportunities and solve their risks?
Do you know enough about Java, Hybrid Cloud, Data Center Infrastructure, Hypervisors, Databases, Linux/Unix, Application Modernization or Migration Consulting to help our customers to move their workloads from Anywhere to Anywhere?
Our Senior Developer provides technical leadership to the Application Modernization Team involved in the migration projects to support each phase like the assessment/discovery, planning, design, and migration execution.
They serve as point of contact for client applications and associated migration questions. The Senior Developer should have a good understanding of application architectures, application dependencies, middleware, databases, containerization (e.g., OpenShift, Tanzu, Kubernetes, Azure Container Service – AKS, ACI, AWS EKS, …) and/or Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP) with related migration tools and approach, leveraging his Agile mindset and applying it effectively.
• Working with project managers, and platform specialists to drive assessment, discovery, and migrations
• Attend client workshops to articulate scope, method, and approach, working with subject matter experts to build and execute migration strategy and solve migration issues, co-creating and developing a viable solution
• Assess customer workloads, qualifying applications that are suitable for migration from a business and financial standpoint while developing the high-level statement of work
• Remediate and adapt client architectures to take advantage of the Cloud
• Identifying technical solutions to migration milestones, using best practices and blueprints, in order to guide client teams to implement them
• Support Migration Architect during detailed-planning and creating Migration runbook procedures.
• Validate move success, monitoring tools integration, CI/CD integration, and hand-over after migration execution
• Validate target infrastructure readiness for migration
• Drive the implementation of special migration methods like cluster migration, storage, or data migration, application migration, and more.
• Manage the technical contract terms and conditions
• Engage and lead vendor interlock for issues and technical remediation
• Provide technical support and 1st level escalation to the specialists for any technical issues during migration
• Identify automation opportunities to reduce migration effort
• Be a recognized as a technical though leader inside and outside of Kyndryl
• Provided professional services (Design, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Assessment)
• Implementation of clients' technical strategy
• Designed and implemented a compliant design and infrastructures solution meeting delivery criteria
• Increasing the quality, quantity and frequency of client conversations and engagements for project and implementation services opportunities
• Increase the awareness, applicability and value of consulting services with our clients, sales force and delivery organization
• Achieve a “trusted advisor” persona as viewed by our clients, seller and delivery organization
• Instill a sense of urgency and drive to close consulting practice deals
• Maximize the project and architecture practice abilities and capabilities to increase project and solution success
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $107,000 to $204,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 5 years of experience in commercial software development
• Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed solutions
• Experience in authentication, authorization, and PKI security
• Experience with containers and Kubernetes
• Experience in container security, secret management, secure data communication
• Experience in Linux.
• Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices.
• Leading teams towards an outcome and break down impediments
• Applied Implementation “Hands on” using Methods and/or best practices to deliver Cloud, On-Premises or Hybrid Solution
• Applied Mature Architecture design framework, principles and methodologies (high-level technical design, low-level technical design, and technical solution design integration)
• Applied Migration Solutions (high-level technical design, low-level technical design)
• Applied Agile principles
• Applied Project Management practices
• Ability to Interpret requirements and create solutions
• Ability to Facilitate workshops
• Managing technical project workstreams to completion
• Ability to evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations
• Applied Client Facing Ability to understand and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions to address clients’ needs, challenges and transformations
• Evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations on available and speculative information
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience in migrating and modernization of legacy systems and applications.
• Scripting languages: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
• Possess and effectively apply technical and analytical expertise while balancing competing requirements
• Intellectually curious and dedicated to life-long learning
• Motivated to mentor teammates and peers and be mentored by Senior roles.
• Collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking
• Nice to have one cloud certification: AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform
• Automation and configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
• Containerization: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AKS, EKS, GKS
• Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Graphana
• Event Management tools such as: ElasticSearch
• Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on cost, capacity, transformation, risk, business enablement and transformation objectives
• Applied Azure and/or AWS infrastructure engineering and designing skills
• Applied Azure and/or AWS migration solutions
High School Diploma/GED
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. Kyndryl will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Kyndryl's Vaccination Policy
Beginning January 18, 2022, all employees working onsite at a Kyndryl, customer or partner location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires meeting this criteria will be asked to submit proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment. Those who believe they are eligible may apply for a medical or religious accommodation prior to the start of employment.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Up to 20% or 1 day a week
(Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Enterprise Architect - Cyber Recovery Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
- Principal Security Software Development/Engineer - Manager (REMOTE) Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
- Cloud Architect - Azure (Remote US) Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.