Principal Security Software Development/Engineer - Manager (REMOTE)
Job ID 553218BR
Date posted 09/09/2022
Primary Job Area Architect
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Kyndryl Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISO) Architecture and Engineering team is looking for a Security Software Development/Software Engineering Manager leadership role in a growing software development team. You will function as the manager of the team and your job scope requires knowledge in both management and software development and engineering principles.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. Has passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, recognize and fill gaps from a defense-in-depth perspective.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of technical knowledge, a demonstrated background in Information Technology and Security, and a proven track record of leading a development team with differing projects and conflicting timelines. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, having experience in many of and a specialization primarily in one of these domains: Open-Source Software, DevSecOps / CICD Pipelines, Virtualization, Cloud-Native Technologies, Application Security, or an emerging technology are welcomed. Experience within multiple hyperscaler environments is an added benefit.
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseManagement
- 5+ years management of development or IT technology teams
- Experience successfully driving technology change initiatives in an organization
- Experience hiring exceptional technology staff with ability to coach, manage and grow staff
- Skilled at tactfully communicating sensitive information
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
- Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members
- Ability to manage budgets
- A visible leader that yearns for developing and motivating the next technology leaders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Experience in planning, implementation, and support of business application components
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business
- Be the communication point with third parties that integrate with Kyndryl CISO products
- Help team with removing impediments and blockers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management of Information Systems; related technical degree disciplines or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years in technical Information Technology roles such as development, infrastructure architecture, technical client sales, IT security
- 5+ years of experience with running development and/or testing for large complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience in creating testing strategies and engineering best practices related to software development, test engineering, integration testing, performance testing, both manual and automated testing
- Experience in building DevSecOps, Agile, and continuous integration and development
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Experience with regulatory and compliance solution and information security
- Ability to forge relationships and become a trusted advisor with personnel of various levels and responsibilities, from business partners to technology partners, to software engineers
- 5 years’ experience in the development, execution, and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Experience in managing test environments, databases, test data setup/management for development teams
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to inspire and influence teams effectively and partner in delivering technology-enabled business solutions that exceed business expectations
- Hands-on coding experience in Python or Java or any other object-oriented programming language desirable
- Hands-on experience with Web services virtualization, mocking, and stubbing
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Bit bucket, etc.
- Understanding and implementation of CI/CD/Dev Ops practices, lean methodologies
- Experience with multiple automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver and grid/Watir, cucumber, NUNIT/JUNIT/TESTNG, etc.
- Experience with Agile and SWAT/Kanban development practices
- History with Trello as well as Azure DevOpsBoards, and planner
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex development or QA organization, with a demonstrated ability to implement scalable automation solutions
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Experience in API test automation, UI automation using Sause labs, Selenium, or any other
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. Kyndryl will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Kyndryl's Vaccination Policy
Beginning January 18, 2022, all employees working onsite at a Kyndryl, customer or partner location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires meeting this criteria will be asked to submit proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment. Those who believe they are eligible may apply for a medical or religious accommodation prior to the start of employment.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Enterprise Architect - Cyber Recovery Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
- Cloud Architect - Azure (Remote US) Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
- Cloud Architect - AWS (Remote US) Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.