Government Affairs Manager, US Federal State and Local
Job ID 610513BR
Date posted 11/14/2022
Primary Job Area Communications
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you – not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back – from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a member of Kyndryl's Global Corporate Affairs team, the Government Affairs Manager will report to the Vice President of Government Affairs, U.S. Federal & State, and support implementation of Kyndryl’s legislative and regulatory agenda. In this position, the Manager will support the work of government affairs at the local, state, and federal levels to enhance Kyndryl’s business growth.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to assist in the development of a legislative and regulatory policy agenda that will foster an environment for business growth and the Kyndryl Way
- Help identify potential business opportunities and risks stemming from pending legislative, regulatory, and procurement-related initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels
- Contribute to the development and execution of political and legislative activities and help develop and deliver messages on key advocacy issues
- In concert with the Vice President, work with federal and state trade associations and consultants to keep abreast of public policy issues relevant to Kyndryl and to assist in advancing the company’s policy and business interests
- Support Kyndryl’s internal compliance processes and coordinate all necessary disclosures and filings as related to the company’s government affairs effort (e.g., lobbying disclosures, compliance filings, etc.)
- Support the onboarding and management of Kyndryl federal and state consultants, including handling invoices and expenses
- Assist in drafting regular government affairs update materials, including memos and PowerPoint presentations
- Serve as a policy and advocacy issue area point of contact for teams across Kyndryl
- Bolster and support Kyndryl as a brand ambassador at events in Washington, DC and select states
- Other duties as assigned
Work Location: Washington, D.C. preferred or living in the DMV area.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for the position, $93,000 - $144,000 is based on a full-time schedule. If you're hired into New York City work location the compensation range for the position, $103,000 - $159,000. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required and relevant experience in government affairs a plus
- Minimum of 4+ years of Capitol Hill, Administrative or previous government relations experience (Trade Associations, Corporate, or Non-profit
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Writing and reporting detailed summaries on legislation, regulation, and political landscapes is critical. Writing samples provided upon request
- A deep understanding of the legislative and political process with ability to understand issues related to AI, data privacy, IT transformation, cloud, cyber security and resiliency, and workforce development
- Experience coordinating advocacy activities with other trade associations, business groups, and coalitions on high profile issue campaigns
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Excel and PowerPoint skills highly desired
- Excellent writing capability, i.e. briefing documents, reports, policy analysis
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. Kyndryl will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Kyndryl's Vaccination Policy
Beginning January 18, 2022, all employees working onsite at a Kyndryl, customer or partner location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires meeting this criteria will be asked to submit proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment. Those who believe they are eligible may apply for a medical or religious accommodation prior to the start of employment.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
External Relations Professional
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position
Jobs for you
- Executive Communications Specialist Texas, Austin, New York, Rochester, New York, Sterling Forest, Georgia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Southbury, Texas, Dallas, Missouri, Hazelwood, Colorado, Boulder, Illinois, Chicago, Kentucky, Lexington, DC, Washington, Ohio, Columbus, Georgia, Smyrna, New York, Buffalo, New Jersey, Iselin, New York, Poughkeepsie, Minnesota, Rochester, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, Arkansas, Bentonville, Missouri, Columbia, Texas, Irving, Texas, Lewisville, New York, New York, Texas, Richardson, Michigan, Midland, Hawaii, Honolulu, Arizona, Phoenix
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, star it so you can return to it easily.
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.