AWS Architect Remote - United StatesApply Job ID 524216BR Date posted 05/11/2022 Location(s) Austin, Texas; Rochester, New York; Sterling Forest, New York; Atlanta, Georgia; Southbury, Connecticut; Dallas, Texas; Hazelwood, Missouri; Boulder, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Lexington, Kentucky; Washington, DC; Columbus, Ohio; Smyrna, Georgia; Buffalo, New York; Iselin, New Jersey; Poughkeepsie, New York; Rochester, Minnesota; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; Bentonville, Arkansas; Columbia, Missouri; Irving, Texas; Lewisville, Texas; New York, New York; Richardson, Texas; Midland, Michigan; Honolulu, Hawaii; Phoenix, Arizona
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKyndryl is looking for leaders who are passionate about helping some of the world’s biggest companies make their journey to the Cloud. Do you know enough about the public cloud or hybrid cloud (for example Automation and Container Orchestration) to help the workloads that run the world find fit-for-purpose infrastructure in today’s cutting-edge cloud paradigms? Can you break that knowledge down for our clients to show them their opportunities and solve their risks?
- Routinely required to be involved in selling ranging from initial client exploratory meeting, gathering requirements, structuring solution bid, and ramping up the team for execution.
- Analyze client current state, define key outcomes, define/revise IT strategy, design conceptual solutions, plan and execute design and implementation work (with support from technical specialists), while accounting for time, cost and quality targets•Accountable for successful delivery of highly complex, multi-disciplined consulting engagements that deliver lasting and measurable value to clients
- Develop a point of view, capture, prioritize and analyze technical (functional and non-functional)
- Possess strong leadership skills and further the evolution of intellectual capital assets and developing practice resources
- •Assemble and lead a team of consultants and architects with engagement management oversight
- Manage the engagement contracts to terms and conditions
- •Educate, mentor and coach teams in applying consulting techniques
- •Facilitate and capture lessons learned from engagements to update methodologies and assets
- •Lead the effort to expand service offerings
Manage and lead multi-discipling complex engagements with multiple teams
Lead a group of individuals to ensure they are mentored, have skills, objectives and learning plans along with support to attain utilization KPIs
Be a recognized though leader inside of IBM and outside in the market
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to architect for common AWS use cases:
- Migration of existing workloads to EC2
- Modernization with Lambda, DynamoDB, and Aurora
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data workloads
- Containerization with EKS, ECS, and Fargate
- Cost optimization of existing AWS accounts
- Networking between AWS and the datacenter or other clouds.
- Using Control Tower and Landing Zone to create multi-account structures
- Automating operations using Lambda, Systems Manager, Ansible, Image Factory
- AWS or Third Party DevOps Tools
- Experience leading teams (not necessarily management)
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal presentations
- Interpreting requirements and creating solutions
- Candidates should have or be able to easily obtain at least Associate Architect certification.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Leading teams (not necessarily management)
- Facilitating workshops
- Hands on experience with key technologies
- Advanced certification on AWS
- Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on security, availability, cost, capacity, etc…
- Experience in Agile (Kanban, SAFe, and Scrum)
- Project Management Experience
- Experience with various IT Operating Models and building organizations to deploy and support key technologies
- DevOps and CI/CD tooling (particularly in the context of cloud or containers)
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Kyndryl's Vaccination Policy
Beginning January 18, 2022, all employees working onsite at a Kyndryl, customer or partner location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires meeting this criteria will be asked to submit proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment. Those who believe they are eligible may apply for a medical or religious accommodation prior to the start of employment.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
IT Management Consultant
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position