Senior Sales Executive - CloudApply Job ID 565631BR Date posted 05/20/2022 Location(s) Auckland, New Zealand
Kyndryl was spun-off of IBM IT infrastructure services in 2021. Our global base of customers includes 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. With 88,449 skilled professionals operating from over 100 countries, we are committed to the success of our customers, collaborating with them, and helping them to realise their ambitions.
We help our customers design, manage, and modernise the technology systems they depend on every day. Kyndryl is the ‘hearts and lungs’ because we support mission critical infrastructure.
Kyndryl has operations in 63 countries; 450 data centres around the world are under our management. We have the majority of mainframe capacity, generating and running 9 million automated actions per month for our customers.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesRole Purpose
- A Practice Specialist in Kyndryl’s Advisory and Implementation Services business leads and provides consultative skills and technology expertise to drive sales and deliver customer service requirements. Associate Partners are responsible for end-to-end opportunity ownership and working with other Kyndryl SMEs to support deal closure and delivery in complex, cross-practice deals.
- Kyndryl offers a full range of Cloud Services, Solutions and Technologies.
- This position is for experts with direct experience in Cloud Consulting Services.
- Business Development and Relationship Management: Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders; experience originating deals with C-level clients; lead pursuit teams; participate and lead the proposal development process; contribute to proposal shaping and pricing strategies
- Sales Management: Manage to a quota-based sales plan through opportunity identification, pipeline management, solution development and presentation, contracting, negotiation, and delivery of services leading to future opportunities
- Delivery & Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Practitioner Development: Perform the role of counsellor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Use Case Prioritization, ROI, and Business Case Service Offering Development
- Develops intentional, devoted relationships and connections with influential people including C-level contacts. Builds strategic networks for the organisation’s benefit using higher order political savvy and astuteness. Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated executive engagement and proven ability to present strategic information to, and drive change across a broad range of business departments.
- Stimulates innovation by having a curious mindset, asking questions to understand and examine assumptions. Takes calculated risks, and experiments. Actively disrupts their own, and the organisation and industry’s thinking and practice. Removes organisational and industry barriers to innovation
- Proven ability to develop sales strategies and provide subject matter expertise within a larger deal team
- Track record of working effectively with Business Leaders, IT Executives and Client Procurement, and ability to develop effective value positions that align with client requirements and business strategies
- Deep skills in Cloud Services within Cross Industry Sector (Public Sector, Banking and Insurance, Telecommunications). Shares and contributes to thought leadership that advances the industry.
- Ability to work within a team selling structure from multiple disciplines to integrate Kyndryl offerings and provide the greatest value in our proposals.
- Proven record of effective account management, particularly demonstrating coupling business acumen with technology knowledge, to connect customer business challenges to their technology decisions and coaching the customer through business case creation, approval, and stakeholder buy-in.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years selling large IT consulting engagements.
- Proven record of opportunity identification reflecting quarter on quarter growth and for progressing deals to closure.
- 5+ years performing cloud consulting services.
- Thought capital level expertise in cloud related issues, impacts, trends, and emerging practices.
- Direct experience and success performing in a delivery oversight role, providing leadership and direction in areas such as program start-up and governance, executive communications, revenue forecasting and reporting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to adapt to and thrive during organisational change.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and growing.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- same as above
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Associate Partner Incentive
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y049) Kyndryl New Zealand Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position