Infrastructure Services Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)Apply Job ID 475969BR Date posted 05/10/2022 Location(s) Auckland, New Zealand
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen. Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl. For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThis is the chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team of talented professionals servicing innovative, industry-leading enterprise infrastructure environments.
They are a strategic thinker and will help to drive Kyndryl to continuously improve steady state operations by maintaining rock solid monitoring, alerting, and reporting on supported environments and identifying areas requiring automation, as well driving infrastructure modernisation initiatives. They must be a leader who is adept at building trusted relationship with our client/s and partnering with them for success.
They will focus on end-to-end services across customer sites and platforms, understanding the service lifecycle of IT infrastructure to drive site reliability improvements, define SLOs, lead delivery-related client communications and present findings, outcomes, and proposals to all stakeholders
They will have a background in Architecture with a strong technical grounding
across multiple infrastructure disciplines, with deep technical experience servicing large enterprise environments. They will have worked in an Agile environment and will be well-versed in service management methodologies like ITIL.
They are a collaborative, pro-active self-starter, able to handle responsibility, and love innovating. With quality, robustness, and security in mind they will drive and implement new tools to facilitate operations, improve reliability, gather insights into our platforms, and make changes to resolve or mitigate common operational issues.
They will be working to improve automation of common processes and finding enhancements and innovative solutions to help the services both scale and become increasingly self-healing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise• Experienced Infrastructure Architect.
• Operational management, including incident and escalation management.
• Experience working or functioning as an SRE.
• Experience with troubleshooting issues in production systems and performing RCA.
• Working experience in Infrastructure Services.
• Previous experience working with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP or others.
• Experience implementing process improvement through automation.
• Experience in Infrastructure capacity management reporting, forecasting and performance management.
• Consultancy and advisory experience, particularly in the enterprise infrastructure space.
• Capability to work in a global, multi-cultural and diverse environment.
• Knowledge of containerised workloads and management platforms like Docker or Kubernetes.
• Strong solution and design experience in an enterprise environment: Windows server, Linux Server (RHEL is preferable), UNIX (AIX, Solaris), Windows server, Storage and Hyperscaler Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• Good leadership ability / skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience• Familiarity with API gateways and Micro Services, including restful APIs, etc.
• Understanding of SDLC and CI/CD.
• Programming/scripting experience is beneficial.
• Familiarity and understanding of LAN/WAN networking, firewalls, IPS and the like
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Site Reliability Engineer
Role (Job Role)
Site Reliability Engineering Professional
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y049) Kyndryl New Zealand Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position