Client Technical SolutionerApply Job ID 562214BR Date posted 05/13/2022 Location(s) Auckland, New Zealand
Kyndryl was spun-off of IBM IT infrastructure services in 2021. Our global base of customers includes 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. With 88,449 skilled professionals operating from over 100 countries, we are committed to the success of our customers, collaborating with them, and helping them to realise their ambitions.
We help our customers design, manage, and modernise the technology systems they depend on every day. Kyndryl is the ‘hearts and lungs’ because we support mission critical infrastructure.
Kyndryl has operations in 63 countries; 450 data centres around the world are under our management. We have the majority of mainframe capacity, generating and running 9 million automated actions per month for our customers.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesClient Technical Solutioner (CTS) professionals are responsible for the design and development of Kyndryl solutions directly to customers. By using a combination of Kyndryl and non Kyndryl offerings, services, labour, assets, hardware, and software products, the CTS creates cloud-based solutions – Public, Private and Hybrid, to meet the customer's requirements. These solutions are based on cross industry technologies, with a high focus on transformational outcomes for clients.
A CTS position is a sales support, presales role focused on Kyndryl’s cloud strategy and portfolio of offerings as well as industry standard products like Azure and AWS.
- The CTS is responsible for a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through solution design and presentation to the client.
- Must have the ability to work closely with clients in a consultative selling mode to understand the client's business requirements, issues, and priorities and develop a solution that advances the client's business strategy and goals.
- Will maintain expert technical knowledge of Kyndryl’s Cloud services portfolio and apply that knowledge to the design of architectural solutions.
- Will develop and lead execution of the technical risk management plan for the solution to be implemented.
- The CTS is an expert in one or more disciplines, has detailed knowledge of other specialties and is expected to support the development of new specialties as the business evolves.
- A comprehensive understanding of Cloud disciplines across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and deployment models such as; public, private and hybrid.
- Has competency within a business environment and can relate the advantages of various technologies to defined business needs.
- Is able to perform hardware solution design.
- Examples of specialties include, but not limited to the following Product Lines, Server and Storage Managed Services, Business Continuity and Resilience Services, End User Services, Cloud and Linux based technologies.
- Red Hat, Linux, Open Source Linux, AWS, Azure, VMWare, Microsoft, Linux, Hardware – IBM cross platform, Storage, Application linkages
- Attained skills and responsibilities in prior technical assignments equivalent to a Senior position or above.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Good knowledge of business concepts
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseExperience in Sales/ Presales or Sales Support role.
- Experience as a Lead Technical Role.
- Several years’ experience of running large projects and working with third parties.
- Consultancy Experience at a senior Executive level.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- same as above
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Services Solutions Management
Role (Job Role)
Client Technical Solutioner
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y049) Kyndryl New Zealand Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position